The Shogun uses Werner's most advanced technology in this river running paddle. As powerful as its name suggests, the rivers that paddlers take the Sho-Gun often need some aggression to navigate each horizon line. Decades of experience led them to the chosen paddle for many at the top of their game.
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner's most advanced designs.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade gives confidence for rolling and bracing, especially in aerated rapids.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- With white water specific reinforcement channels, Werner's low-profile back face design allows for a quieter catch and effortless exit of the stroke while maintaining strength.
- Dynel® edges and Kevlar® reinforcement protect the paddle from the rigors of the whitewater environment.
- Full sized blades are and ideal fit for larger, well-conditioned paddlers or those looking for more powerful strokes on shorter steeper rapids.
- Optimized flex and strength. Choose Werner's Bomber fiberglass Straight or carbon Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
- Although Werner's Ultimate performance paddles are far and away their best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them the most impact resistant. Look to our Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.
- Feather Angle: R45 is Werner's most popular in river running and R30 in play boating.