'Personally identifiable information' (PII) is being used online. PII, as used in US privacy law and
information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to
identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Please read our
handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with our website.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website and social media pages?
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a
newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for
our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain
other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to
make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a
limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to
keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is
encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or
accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard
drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems
to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For instance, we use
cookies to help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart. They are also used to
help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us
about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can
choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings.
Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to
modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that
make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service. 315-369-6672
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable
information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting
partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or
servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also
release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce
our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for
marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our site and other sites on the
Internet. Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with or without AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google
Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party
identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad
service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad
Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out
page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
CalOPPA is the first state law in the nation to require commercial websites and online services to
company in the United States (and conceivably the world) that operates websites collecting
on its website stating exactly the information being collected and those individuals with whom it is
being shared, and to comply with this policy. - See more at:
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- the first significant page after entering our website.
- specified above.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not
Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's
Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission,
the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what
operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States
and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection
laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they
should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements
for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to
them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original
- transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the
instructions at the bottom of each email.
Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company
PO Box 1146
Old Forge, NY 13420
Edited on 2/17/17